Monday, November 26, 2007

Day 5 - Aghia Paraskevi, Athens

Today wasn’t much of a day, as I spent most of it in bed. I was only occupied by my thoughts. I was tempted to go out, because it was becoming fun, learning how to travel around independantly. I got a call from my mother, and she told me that the video camera bag was found! I had left the damn thing on the conveyor belt in customs at Sydney Airport! Well, at least they weren’t lost. She’s going to send me each item through the mail one by one, so that there’s a lower chance of everything getting lost at the same time. She said that there was $500 worth of items that I left behind.

Anyway, I stayed in bed, and started worrying that because of my sickness, I would have to go back to Australia. That would be despicable! Or maybe I'm just getting a tad too paranoid. But after getting a call from Parry, telling me why I caught the flu, I knew that going back to Australia wasn’t a concern. It was best for me to just stay inside for the time being, but I couldn’t resist. At about 4pm, I went outside and caught the bus, which I almost missed, to the internet café. Travelling around was just too good fun! I love the freedom and independence! I caught up with a few other friends, then headed back home. I sent a few SMS messages to Lora to arrange a meeting for tomorrow at 9:30pm with my cousin, Sophia. She was going to take me into Central Athens around then. I haven’t got an answer from them yet, so we’ll see what happens. Hopefully we’ll meet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment