Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 40 - The Louvre, Paris

Today my plan was to visit the Louvre Gallery. It was a bit of a hike from my hostel. I took the metro to Concorde station and emerged in a somewhat familiar location that I recognised from Gran Turismo 4. I was in the area of the Opera race track.

I was going to walk around it later. I headed in the direction of the Louvre first. I went in, took a bunch of pictures and had a walk around.






I admired the gallery and the paintings. It's fascinating to see great works of art from the past. I found myself mesmerised in a lot of the paintings, particularly the religious ones about biblical concepts. You don't have to be a believer to admire the art.

Of course, I saw a lot of people lined up for the Mona Lisa painting. Like it was the only one worth seeing. The room was crowded, simply because it is the most famous painting, when there are other deeply fascinating works of art in the gallery. There were simply far too many paintings to see all in one day, however. They say if you spend a minute at each painting, it'll take you three months to see the entire Louvre.

After my visit here, I went and had a walk around the Opera streets.

Then it was back to my hostel.

I got a McDonald's meal later on (which is apparently healthy in France). I had quite a tasty mushroom burger. Oh, and they serve beer here too, which I didn't order because I'm not particularly a big fan of beer. I always preferred spirits.

Had to get an ice cream afterwards too.

No comments:

Post a Comment