Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day 145 & 146 - Liepaja, Cili Pica and Karosta

Today we went to a restaurant, called Cili Pica. We had chicken liver. This was new for me. I've never had liver before, and it was quite alright. It was definitely something different. They also have cow tongue on the menu. I might try that some other time!

Then we decided to head out onto the broken bridge; the one in Agnes' suburb. We recorded video footage of ourselves while here, and made it a great memorable day.

By night, my dad gave me a call. He asked me where I was. I said that I was in Patras, Greece. But, he told me that he knew I was in Latvia. How he found out, I didn't know, but I didn't care, and I knew that he understood perfectly why I came here. I didn't want him to find out, as I didn't want him to stress about it. We had a long talk on the phone, and I got my valid points across. I finalised further and true details with him, telling when I'd go back to Greece.

The next night, my uncle John rang me, who found out about what I had done. He was proud of me, though. I was doing something that hasn't happened in the history of my family, and I was to be proud of myself for setting my responsibilities straight. John also told me that he was on works release. He was serving time in prison over the last few years. He gave me some useful advice. Then, I ran out of phone credit, and I would have to get a Latvian SIM card. I didn't let what happened today bother me. I moved on quickly, and stayed home with Agnes, playing games such as Tomb Raider: Anniversary, which I completed, Spyro 3 and a few other games that were common in my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment