Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 285 - Returning home

My trip has come to an end, and today is the day I depart for Australia.

First thing I did this morning was get a haircut. I got it done nice and short; one of the best haircuts I've ever gotten, and I would be happy to get home clean and tidy.

So Parry and grandma came over, and we would catch up once again before taking me to the airport. They gave me money to take back home and buy something for myself, my mother and sister.

Once it was time to leave, we all headed for the car, as Parry drove us to the airport. I checked in, first of all, and we would wait and have one last conversation before I headed through passport control. Parry assured me that there are plenty of 'fish in the sea', even though I was with Agnes. But even then, I wasn't even sure of what was going on between me and her at the time. I've tried messaging her, but she hasn't responded over the last few days. The last thing I remember talking to her about, was getting her dad on a plane to Ireland.

I said goodbye to Parry, Grandma and Despo. It was over, and time to go. They wished me well, as I headed through and past passport control, waving to them from the other side. I would be reunited with family once again in the next 24 hours.

And there I was, on the plane, returning home after a remarkable journey. I wasn't used to hearing the Australian accents on board yet, and nor would I be used to being back at home once I got there. I would take time to adjust. And not only that, I would be returning home with a new perspective on life, and more knowledge about the world and how it works. This whole trip has changed me for the better. There's only one thing that's had me worried, and that's that Agnes hasn't contacted me. I will try again once I reach home, and I'll find out where this is going.

Other than that, it will good to be back home after being away for 9 months. I hate being away from Europe, but it's something I'll have to get used to. It's all part of the travelling experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment