Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 240 - Kuldiga, Latvia

I wasn't going to be seeing Agnes today, so I decided I'd take the day trip to Kuldiga. I took the bus in the morning, and upon arrival, had something to eat from a café. I was contemplating spending the night here, so I looked for some accommodation. I had no luck, and I couldn't be bothered anyway, so a day trip it was going to be.

It was a beautiful little town, out in the middle of Kurzeme's forests. The streets were pretty active with tourists, but it's a much quieter place than from what else I've seen. I made my way over to the natural wonder, which is the Venta Waterfall, said to be the widest in Europe, though only about a metre high. I had good fun here for a little bit; I went in the water and tried to shower under the cold water of the falls. Then I decided to walk across the entire thing. The water was shallow enough along the top, that it could be walked across from one end to the other, though it took a fair while.






















After I was done, I headed back to Liepaja, and was back by 9:30pm. I went to a bar and decided to try playing a poker machine. Surprisingly, I won 35 Lats. Well, that seemed incredibly easy. I played again, but didn't win anything. Maybe I was just very lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Glad impressed by your blog. Great success in the future.
    Until new appointments.
    Jonas

    ReplyDelete