Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 233 - Liepaja, Latvia

For the past few days I've been able to stay with Agnes, we've been playing video games, one of which was the Final Fantasy X game I lent to her, and we would head out to the cinemas to watch movies such as The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. I've never seen any of the Narnia movies, and this one was pretty good.

Then, Agnes' dad was out of hospital and back at home. That was when I booked myself a room at the Travellers' Beach Hostel, the first hostel I've ever been to. It would be yet another new experience for me. It was actually a very great place, and it got me into the whole hostelling experience. One of the managers there was from Chile, and I had a chat with him.

I had free internet while I was here. So I hopped on MSN and managed to tell my stories to everyone who wondered where I've been. I told them everything, and they were shocked to hear it. There was not much else I could do. I just hope I can get Agnes to come and live with me in Australia, as it was something she suggested to me earlier.

I stayed at this hostel for several days, and met many different interesting people. Everyone who asked what I was doing here, I told them my story. This is my first real experience meeting other travellers from around the world. I met people from the UK, the Netherlands, Italy and even Australia and New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment