Saturday, April 19, 2008

Day 150 - Our last day, Liepaja, Latvia

Today would be our last day together. In the evening, I'll be heading back to Riga Airport.

Starting the day, we had until 7pm to enjoy our last hours. We went for a walk through the woods near her place, which was quite an enjoyable stroll. There was quite a lot of nature here, and I loved it. I was actually taking a walk through a temperate broadleaf forest, similar to the taiga forests in Finland and Russia, and I absolutely loved this type of environment. Latvia sure has its beautiful nature!

We stopped by a small lagoon, where we took some photos.














Then we went over to the beach, which was a short walk away. Again, I loved the environment that I walked through. It was beautiful and very different.













Then, we explored all the soviet ruins by the beach. They were fascinating, in a way.





















After this, we took one last walk into the city. It would be our last hour together. We took the tram to Liepaja bus station, and there I would wait for my bus to Riga. This was when it got emotional. It was time to leave, but I know I will be back again. I waved out the window of the bus, saying goodbye to Agnes, and let my emotions get to me.

While en route to Riga, I spoke to Agnes on the phone. It was a different phone call from what we used to have; there was a lot more speaking. Now that we've met, we're far more confident with eachother over the phone. We talked until all of my credit ran out.

Then I arrived in Riga, and tried to find my way to the airport, with the help of directions. My plane departs at 7am tomorrow. In the time I had to spare at the airport, I went to the airBaltic office, and bought myself another ticket to get here again. I'll be back on the 3rd of June. This made me feel much better already. It was much cheaper than my Czech Airlines ticket too, at only €240.

No comments:

Post a Comment