Friday, April 18, 2008

Day 149 - Liepaja, Latvia

Today was the second last day of my stay in Latvia. We went out into the city and stopped by the bookshop. It was here that I would buy something for Agnes. As she loved the Spanish language, I decided to buy her a Spanish-learning book, along with the Stephen King novel "The Shining" by her request. She was very satisfied with her gift and thanked me with a kiss.

We went to Cili Pica again, and got ourselves some chicken and dumpling servings. It was a tasty meal!

Afterwards, we headed to the cinemas to watch Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber from Fleet Street. It honestly really wasn't my type of movie, but there was no way I was going to to avoid watching it with someone I dearly love. It's the right thing to do. The movie ended up being alright anyway; just a little weird.

After the movie, we went to the bus station, where I bought my bus ticket to Riga for tomorrow. It saddened me to buy this ticket, but I had to go back to Athens. I've had a really great time over here, possibly the best in my life, and I really didn't want to leave. This was going to be hard. I know that I will come again, though, and that made me look on the bright side. I always try to look on the bright side of things. And on my next time around, her dad will be here for me to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment