Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Day 133 - Night before departure, Athens

The first thing I did today was pack my bags for Latvia. I told my auntie I was going to go travelling around the Peloponnese here in Greece. I headed out, and straight to the Czech Airlines office to pay for and pick up my plane ticket. I felt bad for having to lie to get to do what I had to do, but I knew that I had to take the initiative. If I'm going to have a girlfriend, I have to get my responsibilities straight.

After collecting my ticket from the ticketing agency, I headed to the internet café and updated everything, telling all my online friends where I was going, and that I was finally making the move to go and see the girl I've been dating over the last year.

I headed to Eleftheroudakis book shop and studied a bit of the Latvian language, then later headed back to the internet café. At 10:55pm, I headed out. My plane departs at 4am. I caught the X95 Airport bus from Syntagma square, and enjoyed the 45 minute ride to the airport.

Once at the airport, I got online, and left a last message to my online friends. I went to the bathroom and had a shave. I almost left my ticket on one of the internet counters. Luckily a guy behind me told me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment