Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 223 & 224 - Liepaja, Latvia

Today, I finally received my credit card in the mail at the central post office. Agnes and I had been checking for the last few days. I was lucky to get it too, it seems. My aunt wrote 'Lithuania' instead of 'Latvia' on the envelope. I'm surprised it got here.

Well, that was that, and I was saved. Then I had to activate it, but I couldn't call the bank, as I didn't know the international number. I had to get it through my mum by texting her, and she was able to find out for me. I called them, and only just managed to get my card activated before my phone credit ran out. I was saved.

By now, I have learnt my lesson, and will never repeat this kind of mistake again. The first thing I did after successfully pulling money out of the ATM with my new card, I gave Agnes a big hug. I decided to get myself a hotel room. I was going to need the shower after not having showered for a week. Agnes decided that she wanted to spend the night with me, rather than be at home around her alcoholic father. So I got the two-bed dorm for 14 Lats.

The next day, we headed out together to our favourite restaurant; Cili Pica. We came here three times throughout the day, having ourselves some nice meals. It was good to finally be able to use money. We also watched Wanted and Hancock that night at the cinemas, both of which were great movies. Then one of these nights, we decided to plan a trip to Lithuania. It would be a great getaway for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment